понеделник, януари 23, 2006

Where Taxi Drivers Never Stop Talking

It's been announced that they are closing schools in my area today because of the bitter cold that is descending on us from the north. We will be out of school until the thirtieth, so I thought I should try to get one more update in (we'll see if the school internet connection cooperates).

Back to the holiday pictures.

For New Year's Eve, Dave, Chris and I went to a little nightclub / cinema place with a hippie vibe in Bristol called The Cube.

The DJ was from Mexico (I forget his name) doing laptop ambient stuff - I thought for sure that he was playing solitaire the whole time:




Which one of these guys is the sober one? (Hint - the camera adds three beers)



People getting down:



Note to the children: don't mix champagne and absinthe




Later that evening, at the kebab stand, a fixture of British culture:




Good NYT editorial decrying the fascination with American Idol - that shining example of the vapidity of US pop culture. (I do kind of like that one Kelly Clarkson song, however).

Няма коментари: